My poor little Jake has somehow contracted ringworm. Not a dangerous or threatening condition, but rather an uncomfortable rash that keeps my little man up at night. So to keep me alive during the day, I’ve been surviving on sugar hits in one form or another. Today’s sugar rush is brought to you by figs and chocolates!
Estimated Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of chocolate buttons
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 Tbsp of sugar
- 4 ripe figs cut into slices
- In a bowl, roughly mash the banana and pour the chocolates buttons in to combine well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, 2 Tbps of sugar and beat well till the egg mixture goes from a dark yellow to a light fluffy yellow shade.
- Add the wholemeal flour and oats and fold in the banana and chocolate combo. Mix well and pour into a baking dish.
- Add the fig slices on top and sprinkle the remaining 2 Tbsp of sugar over the figs. Pop into the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes (depending on the size of your baking tin/dish). The slice is ready when you put a skewer into the middle of the slice and it comes out clean.
- Serve warm with either ice-cream or a bed a dried coconuts.