One of the sheer joys of being a mum is the pinnacle point between hysterical laughter and sheer horror when you discover piles and piles of silky black hair on the floor when they should be on your daughters head. Bella was playing quietly in her room this morning. Bathed in my naivety, I even commented on how good she was, unaware that my creative daughter was busy building a hair salon for herself and her many dolls. Good thing we had a relaxing lunch before we discovered one of Bella’s victim…. ahhh who said being a parent wasn’t fun!
Estimated Preparation Time – 10 minutes
- 2 large thick slices of sour dough bread or Ciabatta
- 1/4 wedge of brie, sliced into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- 100g of semi dried tomato
- 200g or rocket/arugula
- Handful of torn up basil leaves for garnish
- 1 tsp of Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp of honey
- 3 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, oil and honey. Whisk well and set the dressing aside.
- Divide the brie, semi sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese in half and top these ingredients onto your sliced bread.
- Pop this under the grill for 5 minutes, or till cheese forms a golden crust.
- Sprinkle the basil leaves on top.
- Serve the Bruschetta on a bed or rocket/arugula and drizzle the marinade on top.